Toulouse, France


Monday, December 3, 2018

It's December!

Bonjour tout le monde !
This week was pretty eventful! Lots of fun stuff and plenty of cool people. 
Monday and Tuesday was our exchange with the Elders in Grenoble. For pday we hiked this big mountain and explored the ruins at the top, which was awesome. The exchange itself went really well! I was with Elder Lewis and Elder Sprague - we passed a Spanish-speaking sister in he ward and planned on sharing the light the world video. But we get there and are let in by a few woman we'd never met, who only spoke Spanish. So I got to practice my high-school Spanish and we shared a different video and it went really well! Turns out they weren't members and were pretty interested in the message. Cool miracle!
Wednesday we had a big conference in Lyon, which was great! We talked a lot about how to plan for our amis and how to be lovingly bold. I learned so so much. I got to have an interview with Elder de Feo, which was really special. He asked how long I'd been out and I told him and he was like "oh, you're going home soon!" Then he asked me what my first name was and called me David for the rest of the interview and said I needed to get used to it haha! He told me to keep doing what I know I need to do when I get home and to set my sights on the temple. Super cool guy! 
Thursday was English class, which went great. We learned names for animals and played charades and I'm not sure I've ever laughed harder. 
Today we visited the Christmas marche with the Bellessas. We bought churros and chestnuts and it was fantastic. 
My spiritual thought today comes from Elder de Feo. At the end of the interview he asked if he could pray for me, and during the prayer I just kept thinking about how many questions I had and how I had no clue what to do now or after my mission or how it was all going to work out. Then right then he asked in his prayer "and please bless him that he may discern by the Spirit what he needs to do," and all the stress left. Heavenly Father answers prayers, and when we're stressed, n'oublions pas que tout ira bien un jour! God's in charge :)
Je vous aime ! 
Elder Suisse 

Pics:
Churros at the marché with the Bellessas 
A bunch of pictures from our hike last week






No comments:

Post a Comment