Toulouse, France


Monday, December 10, 2018

La fete des lumieres

Bonjour tout le monde !
This week was crazy but, as has become the pattern, felt even shorter than the week before! Here are my highlights! 
We had a rendez-vous with a super energetic lady named Nadia. We gave her a tour of the chapel and were planning on teaching the restoration of the church, but when we got to the computer lab, we started talking about family history and I ended up testifying about baptism for our ancestors who didn't have the chance themselves. She was surprised for a second, then she thought about it and was like "yeah, that makes a lot of sense!" then said she loves the idea and that she'll come to church on Sunday. Then the next evening we got a call from a random woman saying that her friend Nadia had referred her to us! So cool! 
We ate lunch one day at a member family's home and it was so good I decided to throw it in the weekly. They have this ancient French house from the early 1800s and it was awesome. Then we had district meeting this week and I gave my departing testimony. I love our district! 
Saturday we were invited to a returning member family's home to celebrate la fête des lumières (Google it, it's so cool) with their family. It's a mom and her two kids and it was so fun! The explained to us the origins for the holiday and it's so cool! On December 8 a long time ago the plague was hitting Europe and was heading for Lyon. Everyone got together and lit candles and prayed together, and the plague just passed on both sides of the city and Lyon was saved! Anywho, now on Dec 8, families in the Lyon area all put candles in the windows and talk about what they're grateful for! I'm totally celebrating it from now on. We ate tartiflette with them and put the candles on the windowsill. I thought about my mission and just how grateful I am for all of the members and friends and scriptures and prayers. Missions are miracles and I'm so grateful for mine!! And for my family and above all for my Savior! 
Je vous aime ! 
Elder Suisse

Pics:
Cool picture while we were waiting for a train
Our pday trip today! We were on a mountain in a castle, taking pictures of another castle on an island. So cool. 




No comments:

Post a Comment