Toulouse, France


Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Insert fun subject line here!

Bonjour tout le monde, 
This week went by way too fast. Nothing too crazy. It's kind of hot, but not as bad as it was a few weeks ago. Basically we had a lot of rendez-vous planned that we were pretty excited for, but most of them got canceled... But we did a ton of service and I love the people here!! 
Tuesday we went to Tarbes and did the état des lieux for an old apartment to close it down, so we were there all day. 
Wednesday we helped a lady move out of her house, which was fun with the cast. I got this system down where I would carry things with my left foot and right hand and everyone was very impressed. 
Thursday we saw our ami Rodrigue and our member Malika! We had a barbecue at his house and chased butterflies with their daughter and it was actually so fun. 
Saturday we had another barbecue with a member family and some other people we'd never met before. Very tasty, 10/10 would recommend. 
Not a ton of rendez-vous this week, but we did a lot of service, ate a lot of good food and did a ton of planning, so all in all, pas mal! I thought a lot about joy this week. God wants us to be happy! Even the hard times are meant to help us appreciate the good! Président Giraud-Carrier quoted Elder Uchtdorf last mission conference and inserted the word "joyfully" at the end of our mission purpose. If you're following Christ and don't feel peace and joy, something needs to be fixed. This is not a gospel of long faces! I love it and I hope I smile every time I talk about it for the rest of my life :) 
Je vous aime ! 
Elder Suisse

Pic:
Cute park in Tarbes 

No comments:

Post a Comment