Toulouse, France


Monday, August 27, 2018

Transfers! Toulouse!

Bonjour tout le monde !
Sorry for not writing last week, I was too busy and too lazy. This week had some fun stuff though! I'll try to sum up the last couple of weeks. We have a lot of really cool amis, but they were pretty flaky this week, so we didn't see as many as we would have liked. Our members are awesome though - I love Toulouse! 
Highlights! 
We visited a sister in our ward named Sœur Bonbon! I think I've talked about her before. She's got two cute little girls and lives an hour and a half bus ride away, but we've been meaning to visit her for two transfers now, as she's a little isolated. We had a great time out in the boonies, then walked for an hour and a half to the nearest town and took a forty minute train ride home. I'd do it again in a heartbeat - she was so happy to see someone from the church and the first thing she asked is if we could help her pay her tithing! 
Later in the week we visited a Columbian couple and their adorable daughter and ate arepas, which are like sandwiches but Columbian and fantastic. 
This week! 
We had a movie night at the chapel and watched Meet the Mormons. Five people showed up, but we had a blast quand même :) 
Friday we had transfer calls! Everyone's staying in Toulouse! I'm staying with Elder Keir, and none of the Sœur équipes are changing. We asked why and Président Giraud-Carrier was like "if it's not broken, don't fix it!" We're pretty excited for this transfer! 
We visited another Spanish speaking family on Friday, and I had the chance to practice my high-school Spanish. It could use some work, but I understood just about everything! They only laughed at me a little haha
Anywho, this week was busy, with some highs and lows. We did a lot of service and made a lot of rescue trips to visit members, and I'm so grateful for everyone I meet! I've realized that I have never ever regretted an act of service. Service makes us happy and helps others. There are really no cons, so go serve someone this week! I promise you'll be grateful you did!
Elder Suisse

Pics :
Dinner chez Fara with the crew! 
View of Toulouse from the ferris wheel 
Us with Sœur Bertea, who we visited this week
Elder Keir took pictures of me while I was walking, and I actually liked this one

Me and Jaelia, one Soeur Bonbon's daughters. She always dances and shouts "les missionnaires!" whenever she sees us




No comments:

Post a Comment