Toulouse, France


Monday, May 29, 2017

5/29/2017

Bonjour ! 
This week was awesome! I'm currently in Lyon, cuz Elder Johnson has MLC, so I get to go on an exchange with the Port des Alpes elders- party ! Not a whole lot happened this week (apologies in advance for the lack of pictures). But we had such an incredible stake conference! Speakers included Elder and Sister Adler, or stake president, and president and Sister Brown. So many good talks, and I got to hang out with all the awesome missionaries in the zone, as well as everyone I've met from exchanges in Switzerland. I love Dijon and I love Lausanne! The highlight from the conference was when Elder Adler did a private Q&A session with all the Amis and new converts that came to the conference. Super spiritual! There was one sister who told her conversion story in Spanish, which her daughter translated to French for everyone. The stake president translated that into German for Elder Adler, while President Brown translated to English for Sœur Brown. It was kind of mind-blowing. Other than that, it's been awesome working with my new colleague, Elder Johnson. We've had some pretty cool experiences, and I'm psyched for this transfer! That's about it for this week. 
Spiritual thought for the week! I was reading in Alma 23, and found something cool in verse 14. It says "And the Amalekites were not converted, save only one; neither were any of the Amulonites; but they did harden their hearts, and also the hearts of the Lamanites in that part of the land wheresoever they dwelt, yea, and all their villages and all their cities." 
At first glance, it's a pretty sad account, but if you look at the start, you'll see that, after all that work, one person was in fact converted. It may have seemed like a lot of work and hardships for nothing, but it was of eternal consequence for the one. This is a one by one gospel. To the missionaires out now, and to those leaving soon, this is an especially important idea. I promise that there is someone waiting for you. Someone whose life only you can touch. Now go feed some sheep! I love you guys! 
Elder Suisse 
Sorry again for the lack of pics, I'll take more this week :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment