Toulouse, France


Monday, May 8, 2017

"All the Blessings!" 5/8/2017

Bonjour!
This week was so good! Everything's been coming together, and I'm so excited for the next couple weeks! I got to go on a bunch of exchanges with my awesome district, we had quite a few lessons with our fantastic amis, and everything's just the coolest! The work is going well, as far as I can tell. We've officially planned everything for Poe's baptism, so next week's email should be pretty crazy! We have Zone conference, Poe's marriage, baptism and confirmation, as well as Skype calls this week, followed by the opening of the temple and the beginning of a new transfer the following. Should be super cool! As for this week, it was super great too. We had a district meeting in Lausanne, which was awesome as usual. It was Elder Laney's last one, so he talked about all the cool stuff he learned. 10/10 edifying. We weren't able to see Steve on Sunday, but we saw Poe a couple times, passed by Regine, and are starting to really progress with Felina! We had a lot of lessons with members, and I'm really starting to understand the importance of member missionary work. It'd be so much harder to find people to teach etc without all of our wonderful members. So people back home, help the missionaries! And missionaries, appreciate your members! In other news, French is coming slowly but surely. I've gotten super good at smiling and nodding, so hopefully it's just one of those things I'll look back on and see the progress I've made haha. But really though, the gift of tongues is real! I've found that if I've prepared and I'm worthy of the spirit, the words I need to speak come to my mouth without fail in teaching situations. Super cool! Umm, I can't think of anything especially crazy that happened today (all the stores in Dijon are closed again - another random national no-work holiday? probably.), but it was pretty much just a really cool week. Anywho, I love you all tons. Keep up the good work and know that God loves you!

Elder Suisse

Cool picture on the way to Lausanne
One of the many random castles we drive past all the time
Giant snail we found. They're everywhere here, and my first thought was "Oh gosh, I've eaten those before." So that's cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment