Toulouse, France


Monday, May 1, 2017

5/1/2017


Helloooooo!

This week was suuuuper crazy, so let's see if i can remember everything that happened - always a struggle. First off, I've been out for officially 102 days, so that's super weird. Loving life though, I'm pretty sure I've never been so blessed. Now what did we do this week... We had some super cool exchanges! One pro of Elder Laney being the District Leader is that I get to do an exchange with every elder in the district while he goes with their companions. We did two this week, and that was a huge blast. I got to go on one with Elder Seaman, a fellow bleu in his first transfer, and we got super lost, which was great haha. In other news, we have two new amis this week! Regine is an old investigator who is super nice and a big talker, so we have that one in common. We should be seeing her regularly, so hopefully that goes well. We are also officially seeing Felina twice a week, so that's sick! We get to teach her at the University de Burgogne, so that's a weird flashback to college every time we go for a lesson. Steve is becoming more and more interested, and we have high hopes for him! All in all pretty cool. One highlight of the week: we're all planned and set for Poe's baptism next week! Aaaaahhh! We have zone conference next thursday, Poe's marriage the next day and the baptism on saturday! So so so so excited! Then the temple is being consecrated the week after that! So many blessings, it's a little crazy! What else happened... We had some good mangezvous with members, and a killer CP (Counseil de paroisse - Ward council), and i realized that we've probably got the best ward in all of France, so that's awesome. Transfer day is coming up super quick. Elder Laney is finishing his mission, so I'll be picking up a new companion that week, so apologies in advance if I email that wednesday instead of monday (not for a couple weeks though). That's about I can remember as far as what happened. We've been trying to remember to do that Addler challenge every night. I've also been reading in John every personal study as well as memorizing the Living Christ, and I really feel like my appreciation for our Savior is growing. I love the mission! It's hard sometimes (like when you're totally lost on a bleu's exchange in a sketchy area and it's cold and everyone's mean and no one speaks english), but there's always a positive (I got to get to know my area better, learn more french, hang out with an awesome new missionary, and build character). I love love love being out here!



Elder Suisse



Pics:

The Chouette of Dijon

Elder Laney and I rocking our new hair cuts

The Crest of Dijon

Us at the Cuisiat's (always a party!)
(p.s. the twins in the last pic David says remind him of his brothers...like crazy lots!)





No comments:

Post a Comment