Toulouse, France


Monday, October 22, 2018

Conference in Geneva

Bonjour tout le monde !
What a week!! Missions are crazy! Lots of ups and downs this week! Basically we've been working super super hard but we still had a bunch of our amis cancel on us. We're still feeling great though and so ready to keep working and praying!
I got to meet more of the ward this week and wow, I love this ward! The bishopric is all super young but so funny and so capable. There are quite a few young families and I'm enjoying getting to know everybody.
Highlight of the week! Elder Cook visited our mission! He was in Geneva and had previewed some freetime and had invited the missionaries! So we all headed to Geneva for a mission conference and it was so fun! We drove up with the Bellessas (our senior couple missionaries here in St-Etienne) and I got to see all my mission pals. I was asked to sing in the choir so I got sit up on the stand with Elder Thomas, my MTC comp and a couple other friends (Elder Cook sat right in front of us :D) . We heard from President and Sœur Giraud-Carrier, Elder and Sœur Benazar, Elder Johnson, the region president, and his wife and finally Elder and Sister Cook! Here are a couple of my favorite bits! 
-Elder Johnson said that we need to focus less on changing who we are and more on following Christ and acting as he would, and He will change us.
-Sister Cook had us all sing this round of "Peuple du Monde" and talked about Christlike attributes and the power of music. She said she recently told a friend that when she's stuck in heavy traffic she sings "Be still my soul" to herself and her friend suggested "God speed the right" might be more appropriate haha
-Elder Cook talked about Preach My Gospel and the effects of our missions. He said that when he was on the executive missionary council and writing PMG, President Hinkley said that it needed to be written so it couldn't be memorized, so missionaries would have to know and apply the doctrine in order to teach it. Elder Cook bore testimony that our what we learn on our missions will affect so much more than those we teach - it will touch our family and future spouse and family as well. So good - I'm so grateful to be where I am doing what I do :) 
Anyways, conference was awesome and I loved seeing everyone. Super edifying! It was a tough week but I'm grateful for all we got to learn and experience. God is there and He loves us enough to give us as many second chances as we need! How sweet is that?? 
Je vous aime ! 
Elder Suisse

Pics:
Road trip with the Bellessas, our temporary grandparents :) 
Us by our tram stop. The name makes us laugh. 
Ella, the random member we found and brought to church! She's the best! 
Hopefully should have some conference picks next week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment