Toulouse, France


Monday, July 2, 2018

Il fait chaaauuud! (It's hot)

Bonjour tout le monde ! 

What a week! It's been so hot and we've been so busy and franchement I can't remember in what order everything happened this week, so please enjoy this chaotic email! 
We did a ton of yard work this week. I've declared myself le roi des mauvaises herbes - I swear I probably beat down an acre of thorns and bushes. On the bright side, I've been tanning really nicely. It doesn't extend past my missionary-approved shirt sleeves, but it's nice. 

At some point this week (Monday? Tuesday?) we had an exchange with our district leader équipe from Carcassonne - Elders Thambo and Mack. I was with Elder Thambo, who, as my avid readers will recall, was in my district back in Martigny! He's pretty much the coolest, and we had a great time. We taught one of our new amis named Endurance, which went super well. It was pretty interesting actually - we were at the Capitole building waiting for him to show up, and this old man showed up and started yelling about how God doesn't exist, then these protestant missionaries showed up and started yelling about how we're in the wrong church and need to repent, then they started yelling at each other, while Elder Thambo and I just sat there silently. Then our ami walked up, and I stood and politely dismissed the old man, who left quietly, and Elder Thambo did the same with the couple, and we sat down with our friend and had the greatest lesson. Gentle words and worthy living will always overcome commotion and the efforts of the adversary! 

Later in the week (Friday? Idk) we had an exchange with our other district leader, Elder Carman, which was also a party. 
Saturday we had an awesome rendez-vous with a new ami, and ate tons of food chez a Tahitian family in the ward. 
Today we took advantage of summer Soldes, which started this week - last one before I come home. Ugh, I realized on Sunday that I'm down to six months! Time flies! 
In other news, Président Brown is officially back in the states (so sad... Thankfully he lives in Utah though, so we'll see each other again), and President Giraud-Carrier is in charge. We haven't met him yet, but he'll be in Toulouse tomorrow morning with his family for an introductory meeting. We're excited to meet with him and his family! 
I've been really loving the scriptures lately. It's cool how the problems and thoughts of ancient prophets are so applicable to myself. My scripture of the week has been 2 Nephi 4:19-20 (and I'm adding some of my thoughts) -
19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins (or my sickness or my grades or my anxiety); nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.
20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.
Life is hard. But for those who believe in God, don't forget in whom you have trusted. And for those who aren't sure, I promise He's aware of you and only wants to help. We'll always have hard times and we'll always make mistakes - the key is to get up and keep trying. In the words of my dear sister Maria Dupre, for whom we did service this week, "Elle n'est pas belle, la vie ?" 

Gros bisous, 
Elder Suisse 

Pics:
A sweet chapel downtown 
Crêpes at the church for Sœur Friolo's birthday 
Me and Elder Thambo being serious
One of our many jardinage pics this week
Ice cream with the Toulouse missionaries + Perpignan Sœurs + Carcassonne elders + Jason + our recent convert Blanca and her adorable baby + a random Finnish member and her son here on vacation that we ran into





No comments:

Post a Comment