Toulouse, France


Tuesday, July 31, 2018

ER visit, MLC, and district meeting!

Bonjour !
Apologies for not writing last week, we were busy. This week was craaaazy. Lots of stuff but I'll try to hit the biggest stuff.
Monday we were running/actually sprinting in the morning and I slipped and fell and hurt my wrist. We thought it was sprained but we put some wood on it and wrapped it up (thank you, high-school EMR class) and jumped on a plane to go to Lyon. We slept there and had MLC the next morning, which was awesome! Président and Sœur Giraud-Carrier are so funny! They would start sentences in French and end them in English (or Soeur GC would just speak in French until she hit a word she liked better in English, like "lame" or "awesome"), and they both have plenty of energy and good ideas. Bref, it was great.
We flew back to Toulouse Tuesday night and until the ER around 19h. They called me in for an x-ray at 23h, told me I'd fractured my wrist at 1h Wednesday morning and that I'd sleeping at the hospital and getting surgery when the sun came up. We got to our room at 3h and to sleep at 4h.
We woke up and the surgeon came in (I was in my classy hospital gown) and explained that normally, the bone I'd fractured would require surgery and a long recovery process, but that I'd managed to break it in a way that they could just put a cast on and that's it! So I waited three hours for the cast, then another three so they'd take out the IV thing from my arm and we left at 12h30. Then on the way home (in my pajamas) I talked to this guy about God and he was way interested in learning more, so that was a cool side miracle. 
What else... District meeting was Thursday and went super well, and we had a great rendezvous with our ami, Osman, and talked about families and why they're so important. Then yesterday we ate chez an American family in our ward (real American Mexican food and brownies with ice cream!). Busy week but I'm still kicking (won't be punching anything till mid-September though...)
Don't forget how much God loves you and that, regardless of how big you feel your weaknesses are, He knows how to help you! 
Je vous aime ! 
Elder Suisse

Pics:
Canal du Midi
MLC
Bowling today (I did alright for having one arm in a sling) 
Our district! 



No comments:

Post a Comment