Toulouse, France


Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Transfers, world cup and Bastille day!

Bonjour ! 
This week was crazy, but I find that the longer I'm here, the poorer my memory becomes, so apologies for the scattered thoughts :) 
We did a ton of service, from mowing lawns to blow-torching a fence to get the paint off - all good times. 
Thursday we had the most fantastic rendez-vous with Jot and Cassandra, a member and his girlfriend we're teaching. We talked about God's love for us and eternal families and aah, I love them so much! And I love being a missionary! 
Friday was transfer calls - the assistants called us and we got to help distribute calls to our zone, which isn't what we're used to, but it was fun to be a part of. 
Saturday we played football (we moved to 9h instead of 10h but it's still too hot) and had a sweet English class. It was also the 14th of July - Bastille day! Basically the 4th back home. We didn't get to see any fireworks, but we had a picnic with a bunch of members :) 
Sunday I said goodbye to Elder Johnson, who finished his mission... I'm sad, but he's from Logan and will be attending USU, so we'll definitely see each other when I'm home. 
Monday we sat in the gare all day long to help people through. And I received my new companion, Elder Keir! A few fun facts, he's from Scotland, is a triplet and has been a vegetarian his whole life. We've also received a third équipe of sisters in our ward, making a total of six sisters and two elder in Toulouse, which will be interesting - more updates on that later. After that we helped to pack a moving truck for one of our members. Basically yesterday was crazy, which is why I'm writing today. 
Top highlights, in no particular order:
- Our hot water was finally fixed, after five weeks of cold showers and boiling water
- I scored a goal with my head playing football on Saturday! 
- France won the world cup! We weren't allowed to leave our apartments past 17h because of all the partying and insanity - it was all very exciting. 
We had some really cool experiences this week, along with some hard times and a lot of laughs. I've been thinking a lot about how I want to improve before the end of my mission, and past it, and the list is long. But I love the scripture in Ether 12:27-
27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
We've all got a lot to work on, and that's okay! Faith and a good dose of humility is what it takes to build up what was once weak. I'm so grateful for my family and for my mission and for my Savior! 

Je vous aime ! 
Elder Suisse 

Pics:
Bastille day picnic
Waiting in the gare all day with nothing to do but eat pâtisseries 




No comments:

Post a Comment