Toulouse, France


Monday, March 6, 2017

Dijon! 3/6/17


Bonjour tout le monde ! 

This last week was crazy! I'll try and get everything!  

We had three flights. SLC to Detroit to Paris to Lyon. Our flight to Detroit got delayed due to weather, and we watched our flight to Paris leave without us. The next flight was in like three hours. So we fly to Paris late, and then we had to get tickets to Lyon, which was crazy because I don't speak French. That took us at least an hour, and the next flight was in like five hours. Then I found out that my seat was for some reason in standby! So I didn't even know if I would be able to get in the plane til five minutes before we boarded! Thankfully, it worked out and we made it on the plane. I had a long conversation with a lady on the plane totally in French which was awesome. Anyways, so we were supposed to have arrived Tuesday at like 11 am, but we got there at like 6 pm. But we met President and Sister Brown and the APs, and it was such a relief to be in Lyon finally! 

Our schedule was all messed up because of the delays, so our Bleu (that's what they call greenies here) conference was pushed back a day and we slept in Lyon for two nights. I love the missionaries here! We got a bunch of legality stuff done, and then I finally got my area and trainer on Thursday. I'm assigned to Dijon, which is in the middle of France and as north as our mission goes. It's so nice here! No crazy monuments or claims to fame except the mustard... But this is where it gets stressful. Apparently American driving permits expire after a year, and since my companion, Elder Laney, is the district leader, we have a car and I have to drive! Everyone on French roads is crazy! There are roundabouts every ten feet and I had to drive to Besançon which is an hour and a half from Dijon so Elder Laney could do a baptismal interview (which was cool). Anywho, driving is the worst. 

The food is great here, and I'll try to include pictures. We've been trying tons of new cheeses and stuff and it's mostly all great! I had some roquefort though, and wanted to die! We've got a mange-vouz in just a few minutes, so I have to wrap this up.

Elder Suisse 

PS apparently the pasta shown below is like super low quality French food, so good to know the worst is better than I ate in college! 











No comments:

Post a Comment