Toulouse, France


Monday, March 13, 2017

3/13/2017

Salut à tout le monde ! 
 Life is all good here. Lots of lessons and contacting and learning and French! We have a few Amis that we're working with (there isn't a great word for Investigators in French, so we call them amis de l'église, or friends of the church.) we had a lesson with this evangelical preacher named Steve. He was from Africa and spoke English, so that was nice! He said that his wife was Mormon but less active, and that the spirit was really testifying to him that he needed to read "the Mormon Bible", so hopefully that goes well! He also had lots of cool spiritual thoughts to share. One thing he said that I really liked was that when we sin, the spirit doesn't leave completely, he just moves back to watching distance. Cool guy! We also have two Amis with baptismal dates! Poe is an awesome Tahitienne dude, and is getting married as soon as he and his fiance, an awesome member, are married. And Agnes is getting baptized as soon as she comes to church a few more times. Hopefully that all works out. I'm excited to see what happens! We've been eating lots of crazy food, and I had my first real French crêpe! We also stopped at McDonald's, which was weird cuz it's pretty much the same but higher quality. My trainer, Elder Laney, is super cool. He's on his second to last transfer (sidenote: the word we use in French instead of transfer is "mutation", which freaked me out the first few times I heard it... Driving is okay, just mild insanity... I parallel parked like a boss the other day! I took a picture but it was night, so you can't see it very well. France has this weird obsession with roundabouts? And apparently you can just park wherever you want if you throw on your hazard lights, so I'm going to start taking pictures of all the crazy parking jobs I see, so you'll all believe me. People literally park on sidewalks and in front of doorways and in the middle of the street! Craziness! French is coming along, slowly but kind of surely. I think my favorite part about this week was when we had a district meeting in Lausanne. Switzerland is so beautiful! For some reason, every single person was so nice, and they all loved my name (Suisse is Switzerland in French, and our mission encompasses all of French speaking Switzerland). We had some tasty chocolate, the mountains were sweet, and the weather was perfect! I hope I get to serve there eventually! Anywho, this week was awesome and I'm excited for the next! 
Bon courage ! 
Elder Suisse 



No comments:

Post a Comment