Toulouse, France


Monday, March 27, 2017

3/27/2017




Bonjour ! 

This week was great! We had a zone conference in Genève, and heard some pretty great talks about hope and how to instill it in investigators, so that was sweet! Driving in Genève however, was not haha... But it was a great conference and I'm starting to really love my mission! And Dijon is the best! I've been trying to get to know all of our members and Amis better, and I've been learning a lot! France is super cool, the food is great, the view is terrific, but the people are my favorite part. It can be discouraging to get so many condescending looks from people on the street (and believe me, French people are very good at condescending looks), but it's all worth it when a member brings the spirit into a meeting with their testimony (even if I can't always tell what they're saying) or when an investigator keeps an engagement. 

Speaking of, we got a new engagé (someone who's agreed to work towards baptism on a specific date) this week! Her name's Hadi, and she's super cool! We had dinner with and taught a lesson to her at a member's house, and at the end we felt like we needed to extend the invitation, and she said yes! The spirit was super strong! So we'll keep teaching her and praying that everything works out! 

In other news, Agnès has been hard to get rendezvous with, but Poe is still on track for the end of April, and we taught Stevenson again this week! Such a cool guy! That was about all we had as far as lessons go. We're trying to invite everyone to General Conference this next weekend. So so so excited for that! We get to watch the morning sessions live (in the evening), and the rest we'll watch later. So psyched! 

What else happened... Oh! I had escargot for the first time! One of our members (Sœur Cuisiat) found out I'd never had it, so she made us a classic French meal with escargot and duck and baguettes (we legit eat baguettes every meal here. So good). Not bad though! I've officially eaten snails! And she said she'd make frog legs next time! Umm, as far as funny stories go, we were at a member's house, and their little kid hit his elbow on the table and yelled "petit juif!" which means "little Jew" and Elder Laney and I were so confused. Apparently the name for your funny bone in French is actually just "little Jew" so that's different. 

Anyways, this week was great, and the weather was awesome, and I love it here! I miss all of you, but I'm so excited for everything! Love you all a bunch! 

Elder Suisse



No comments:

Post a Comment