Toulouse, France


Monday, November 19, 2018

I fondu, can you?

Bonjour tout le monde !
Forgive the subject line, I think I'm funny. This week was so good! Tons of sweet rendez-vous with members, and lots of new amis! Here are some highlights! 
-Wednesday we are lunch with a single sister in the ward (perks of being in a trio is that we can visit anyone!) and had just about the best gospel discussion ever. I love this word! 
-Thursday was district meeting. Awesome lesson, then Sœur Thibault made Cafe Rio pork and we had burritos and it was fantastic. We also made mochi (Japanese rice balls with beans) and it was so good. Mexican-Japanese fusion.
-When we got home we headed straight to a rendez-vous with a young couple in the ward and had fondu with them and our ward missionary, François. He's just about the coolest guy you'll ever meet. 
-Friday we found out we're all staying for another transfer! All three of us together til after Christmas! I'll be finishing with Elder Sprague and Elder Purkis and I'm pretty psyched!
-Today we set up for Christmas! You should see our apartment! Did we jump the gun? Yes. Do I regret it? Not at all.
-This week we received a few referrals and found a lot of people to teach. Here's hoping all goes well and they'll all be free to see us this week! Keep us in your prayers!
I don't like thinking about it, but I only have six weeks left on my mission! I've seen a lot of miracles and have met a lot of awesome people and I've been thinking about some of the examples I've seen. There are some incredible people here! We met with a sister today who has nine kids, eight of which are against the idea of her being a member. She's divorced and lives alone, but has such a solid testimony of the Savior, and she's a great missionary. I'm so grateful for a ward like this and for all the awesome examples in my life (looking at you mom and dad :) 
Je vous aime !
Elder Suisse

Pics:
The Méjeans! 
Elder Sprague dropped an egg today and I couldn't resist
Mochi with the district!



No comments:

Post a Comment