Toulouse, France


Monday, March 26, 2018

chargé!

Bonjour !
Oh la la this week was so busy! We were out of our secteur almost every day - it's nice to be home!
Tuesday was MLC, which was awesome! We talked about really making sure that our amis are ready for baptism, and then it was President Brown's birthday, so we sang and ate cake and it was great. We also stopped by the mall and bought three kilos of steak haché (hamburger meat) while we were in Lyon, as meat is worth it's weight in gold here in Switzerland. I've literally been eating vegetarian the last eight weeks. 
Wednesday we drove to Renens in the morning to do a baptismal interview, then had an exchange there on Thursday which went super well. I never get tired of telling members that no, my name's not a joke and that I'm 10/10 American (oui, je m'appelle Suisse, mais je vous promet, je suis très américain). 
Friday was district meeting! I feel like it went really well. We talked a lot about our purpose as missionaries and how importance church attendance is for us and for our amis. Then we had planned on making breakfast burritos, but somebody forgot the meat, and the tortillas, so we made crêpes. Side note: I can now make and flip a perfect crêpe with 85% accuracy. Bref, after district meeting I got to do another baptismal interview for the Lausanne elders and it was so cool! Their ami had the strongest testimony and taught me a lot in the fifteen minutes we met together.
Saturday we had our branch Easter party, which was awesome. Elder Wilkinson and I were given our weight in chocolate bunnies and chickens (mind you, this is real Swiss chocolate, not that fake American stuff), so we've been doing well these last couple of days.
Then yesterday Aurélien and Abygaël were confirmed during church - what a cool experience! I love those two so much! 
Today I took Elder Wilkinson to visit the castle and cathedral in Sion, and the weather was great and I just love Switzerland! 
Anywho, I'm doing well and loving my mission. I'm so grateful for all that God has given me, and I'm mindful as ever of all I have as we approach Easter. I know that I'm loved, and I know that, thanks to Christ's sacrifice, I can improve and fix the mistakes that I make, and I can live with my family forever! 
Je vous aime! 
Elder Suisse 


No comments:

Post a Comment