Toulouse, France


Tuesday, May 29, 2018

La vie est une montagne rousse

Bonjour tout le monde!
So this week was definitely one of the craziest I've ever had. So many missionaries and miracles and disappointments, I'll try to hit the biggest stuff.
Tuesday we had our big tri-zone conference (hence the lame email last week). The theme was the importance of members in missionary work and we learned a lot! For our presentation Elder Johnson and I took the story of the Ammonites seeking the protection of the Nephites, and related it to our amis needing the support of our members. Bref, it was awesome, as were the rest of the presentations. President Brown talked about being disciples forever - not dropping our standards after we get home, and it was way powerful. Hard to believe this was his last zone conference! Afterwards we ate tons of food and I had a great time catching up with all of my pals from the west side of the mission. 
Wednesday was our exchange with the assistants, which went really well. I had my last interview with President Brown in the morning... We did a ton of service for this cool lady we met the other day, and had an awesome rendezvous with our super-cool ami, Joe.
Thursday was tough. A bunch of our lessons fell through, then in the afternoon one of our really promising amis dropped us, which we were way sad about. Then we found out one of our coolest members is moving, so we helped with that for the rest of the evening.
Friday! We put together transfer recommendations for President in the morning, then did our groceries. When we got home we realized that, surprise, my key to the apartment door was broken, and Elder Johnson's was inside... So we called our proprietaire and a locksmith (I got to put to good use all of my office skills), and we finally got in after sitting in the hallway for a few hours. On the bright side, we're now pals with our proprietaire and the locksmith and got invited to eat with each of them next week. Fortunately/unfortunately all of our amis cancelled our scheduled lessons that day, so we didn't even miss anything! Friday evening we had RCM, which is always great - I love our ward!
Saturday we played football (soccer) in the morning (I'm slowly but surely getting less awful!), then attended the funeral of a lady in our ward. 
Sunday, my favorite day - We sang with the sisters and a few other people during sacrament meeting and it wasn't terrible, considering none of us have ever sang in our lives. It wasn't great, but it could have been worse (I'll definitely have "How Great Thou Art" stuck in my head for the rest of the week though).
Today for p-day we did some shopping and chilled, et voilĂ . Such a crazy week, but I can't stop thinking about how blessed I am! I have the most wonderful family who supports me, a healthy body that can run and at least attempt to play soccer, and I'm serving in one of the most beautiful places in the world! Life isn't easy, but it sure is beautiful if we have the eyes to see the hand of God.

Je vous aime!
Elder Suisse

Pictures:
Zone conference! 
Our samedi foot group
Me and Elder Romer attacking a forest in the name of service 
Me and Elder Johnson doing our best to SURVIVE while waiting for the locksmith 
Quick pday picture on the way to the chapel




No comments:

Post a Comment