Toulouse, France


Monday, February 12, 2018

Hard work and good times

Salut!

So this week was super busy and a ton of fun! First off, Martigny is the single most beautiful place on this planet! Mountains and green and snow and vineyards, and it's just straight-up awesome! But yeah, I'll try to remember everything that happened this week!

Monday and Tuesday we took a trip down to Lyon for MLC, which went super well. I realized that I really don't miss the big city, and I'm so grateful for my ville! We talked about family history and ate a ton of heart-shaped french toast for Valentines Day haha

Wednesday the Fribourg Elders came down for an exchange, which went really well! We had a great lesson with our ami, and then ate "brisolet", a Swiss traditional meal, with la famille Donnet-Monnay - literally just chestnuts roasted over an open fire. So good!

Thursday was district meeting, and I think it went super well! We talked about genealogy and how it applies to missionary work, as well as how to be lovingly BOLD this Valentines Day with our amis, in order to help them progress!

Friday was another exchange, with the Renens Elders - highlight: we helped our DMP destroy this summer home in the Alps (he remodels homes for a living and needed help with some heavy lifting), and the view was amazing!

Sunday was really nice - I love love love my branch! We ate with an American couple who own a hiking/adventure business here and it was super cool to learn about everything there is to do here. Also to hear some American English! And they made us buffalo steaks, so that was pretty great too.

Today we mostly just went shopping and ran errands, but on a whim we visited this castle on a mountain that we'd been meaning to check out, which was cold but very cool.

One thing I've really realized this week is that peace is so much more readily available than we realize! I've so appreciated the scenery and people here in Switzerland - nothing better for de-stressing - but nothing settles minds like the assurance we have that everything will be okay. Bad days end, anxiety is only temporary, and God is always there, even on cloudy days. We just have to try our hardest not to forget it!

Merci pour votre amour, je vous aime tous! And Happy Valentines Day!!

Elder Suisse

Lots of pictures this week:
Me trying to look regal at a castle, but actually I'm freezing
District meeting! I can't believe I'm holding a 9 - gotta enjoy the mission while I'm still here!
Sometimes I just get weirded out that my name's everywhere here
Exchange with the Renens Elders 
I can't get enough of these mountains!
Frere Donnet-Monnay making brisolet








No comments:

Post a Comment