Toulouse, France


Sunday, January 14, 2018

Moving trip and the Mustards!

Bonjour tout le monde!
Really crazy week! We had a moving trip to Avignon on Tuesday and Wednesday, which was so much fun! Long drives, IKEA meatballs, it was great! 
Then we got back to the office and had some bad news - the Mustard couple, who've worked with me in the office since I got here, were going home due to some health problems. So Friday morning we took them to the airport and said goodbye, which was way sad. So these last few days have been pretty crazy, trying to juggle everyone's responsibilities, and the office has been way too quiet. We have a plan to work everything out though, so I'm confident it will all be okay. 
Last night we watched President Monson's funeral, and it was so good! I miss him a lot, but I know he's happy where he is, and I'm so grateful for the influence he's had on so many people - especially me. How cool is it that we have modern revelation and prophets!!
So spiritual thought for today comes from a member in our ward. She gave us a poem while we were at her house, and I loved it so much!

En Francais:
Si regarder en arriere te cause du chagrin, 
et regarder en avant t'inspire de la crainte, 
alors regarde à côté de toi, J'y suis! 
Le bonheur te garde gentil, 
les épreuves te gardent fort, 
les chagrins te gardent humble, 
mais seul l'espoir te fait avancer.

In English:
If looking back causes grief,
and looking forward inspires fear,
look beside you, I'm here!
Happiness keeps you nice,
trials keep you strong,
sorrows keep you humble,
but only hope makes you move forward.

I'm so grateful for a gospel that inspires so much hope. I'm so grateful for my Savior - because of Him I know that everything will work out. Trials are only temporary and families are forever!

Thanks for everything, et je vous souhaite une bonne semaine!

Elder Suisse

Pics:
IKEA trip!
Us and the Mustards at the airport


No comments:

Post a Comment