Toulouse, France


Sunday, October 1, 2017

Office Week 1!

Salut !
Such a crazy week! Sorry I didn't do this yesterday, we had some stuff come up and I didn't have time (apparently pretty normal in the office, yikes...). Anywho, this week was awesome, I'll try and sum it up!
Monday: All the departing missionaries came into the office. We helped them get all their stuff ready for them to go home, then we got to go with them to dinner and a final testimony meeting at President's house. They slept at our apartment and we stayed up til 11 pm packing their stuff into the van. 
Tuesday: Woke up at 3:30 am to get them all to the airport. Stayed there til 9 am, when the last one left, ran home, showered, and came back to the airport to meet President, Sister Brown and the assistants to pick up the new bleus! So cool to be able to see them come in with new suits and shoes and smiles! I got to meet Soeur Thorn as well! She was in the MTC with me, went home due to injury, but is now back out! So exciting! Monday was super trunky with all the departing missionaries, but Tuesday made up for it! We ate dinner and were at President's again, then the new elders slept at our place. 
Wednesday: Bleus conference! They got their trainers and most of them headed out!
Thursday: We helped the remaining Bleus get some legal work done and head home.
Friday: All the bleus from the previous transfer came in to get their legality done as well. Spent most of the day running between the office and the préfecture.
Saturday: Elder Walton was sick, so we got to the office later, then had to find some Bleus who had taken the wrong train and ended up in Bordeaux. Hence why I'm emailing today (; then we had an office conference watching potluck with the office seniors!
Et voilĂ  ! It's busy, but super fun! And conference was so good! We watch the morning sessions live (in the evening for us) and the others when we have extra time.
I loved the talk by Elder Holland about God's expectations for us. Exactly what I needed. I know I for one need to avoid "toxic perfectionism". God knows we're not perfect, but He sees our potential! And He loves us despite our flaws! So grateful for Him and for my family and for this gospel! Love you guys! Thanks for the support!
Je vous aime et vous souhaite une bonne semaine !
Elder Suisse

Pics:
Elder Walton, Elder Stahl (my office trainer) and myself
Our office conference party!
Soeur Thorn back in France!
Us going to the airport at 4 am
The departing heros







No comments:

Post a Comment