Toulouse, France


Friday, January 20, 2017

Day 2

Bonjour!
The first three days in the MTC have been awesome! Today's P-day, so that's pretty cool, no lessons until 6. We've done like three hours of french every day, and as far as I can tell, my french is coming alone pretty well! I said my first prayer in french yesterday, so that was a pretty sweet experience. My companion's name is Elder Thomas. He's from Canada (Toronto), and he's super quiet but nice. We have one pair of Elders in our district (Elders Melanson and Crockett) who are going to Paris. Elder Thomas and I, plus the three Soeurs (sisters in french) are going to Lyon. The rest of our zone has been here for two weeks and are going everywhere from Canada to the Pacific Islands. We even have one Elder who is going to Paris, Mandarin Chinese and French speaking! We had our first zone/branch meeting with our branch president, Pres Mackay, last night. He seems strict but really kind. We found out that the presidency randomly picks two elders or soeurs to give a talk every sunday in french! And you don't know til you get to sacrament meeting! So you have to prepare a talk in french every week! Other than that, we had a couple classes about just teaching investigators, and those have been really spiritual and way cool. Tonight Elder Thomas and I get to teach our first lesson totally in french. Already! We're teaching an investigator (pretty sure he's secretly one of the teachers we haven't met yet) named Hospice, and we're nervous but really excited! The food here is better than USU's, and the chocolate milk is incredible! We got to visit the Provo Temple this morning (at 6:40) and do a session as a zone, so that was really fun, and the temple breakfast was delicious! Now we get to relax all day, so that's awesome. Anywho, my favorite quote so far came from President Mackay in our branch meeting. He said 
"I believe with all my heart that you've prepared not just for six week, but for thousands of years, to serve a mission. God held you back to witness His miracles and the Atonement. You know your material and you will learn the language."
Anyways, this week has been so good so far! I also ran into like twelve friends, so that was awesome! We also have some big MTC wide meeting coming up Wednesday, so I guess we'll see what that's about! I thinks that's all for now. I love you guys and I'll talk to you next week!!

Adieu,
Elder Suisse

No comments:

Post a Comment