Toulouse, France


Friday, January 27, 2017

1/27/2017

Bonjour toute le monde!!
This week was pretty great! The classes are super fun, I'm learning lots of french, and we've had some pretty cool experiences in my district. I don't even know where to start! My district and I got to sing in the missionary choir for the devotional Tuesday. The choir director is a super cool dude - he shares lots of stories and stuff about the songs we sing. We did "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" this week, and he shared a bunch of awesome stories about the prophet, and right before we sang he said "I wouldn't be surprised if he came down to sing his song with us." Très cool! As far as the french goes, I can now bear my testimony completely in french, and i can explain concepts to our teacher/investigator Frere Richie. I'm getting along really well with my district and my Elder Thomas. Speaking of, we had something pretty funny happen during a discussion the other day. Elder Thomas was explaining repentance to Hospice (Frere Richie's investigator alter-ego), and he was trying to say that Jesus Christ can help us repent of all our sins (péchés, pronounced "pe-shay"), but instead he kept saying "pêches" (pronounced "pesh"), which means "peaches"! So Frere Richie's just sitting there trying not to laugh because Elder Thomas is telling him that we can be cleansed of all our peaches! So good! In other news, we had a big world-wide mission broadcast, where they changed the mission schedule and gave us a half hour leeway on when we go to bed and study and stuff, which means i can go to bed as early as 9:30! They also changed the key indicators for missionaries in the field, so now we don't have to report how many BoM we hand out, etc. It's just "Converts baptized," "Converts scheduled for baptism," "Converts attending sacrament," and i think "New investigators," so that's cool too. We had devotionals on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday, so that was really fun. I'm also performing in sacrament next Sunday (our branch consists of all the french speaking missionaries in the MTC, and there are about 23) with a few other members of our zone, so that'll be way sweet.
As far as my schedule goes (except on Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays), we wake up at 6:30, go to class, eat breakfast around 7:30, go to class, eat lunch around 12, go to class, eat dinner at 5:15, and go to class until 9, then lights out at 10:30. We also visit the temple every Friday morning, and do service every Thursday. The food is pretty good, and there's a lot, so that's really nice. I love you all a whole bunch and miss you lots, but I'm having a blast! Write me lots, and I'll try to respond around the same time on Fridays.
Adieu pour mantainent,
Elder Suisse




No comments:

Post a Comment