Toulouse, France


Saturday, November 25, 2017

Thanksgiving and conference!

Salut mes choux!
So this week was so good! I've never eaten so much food in my entire life! Thanksgiving is not a thing here in France, but I'm currently serving with a whole bunch of American senior couples, so it was definitely a thing for us. And a couple members knew how much we Americans like our Thanksgiving, so we got fed quite a bit more than we should have. Such a good week though! We were in the office for most of it, but I'll try to hit a few highlights.

Wednesday was our five-zone conference! I had to get 180ish missionaries across France and Switzerland to Lyon and Toulouse, and most of them made it safely! Success! Conference was so so good! President Johnson, the Europe area president, visited and it was such a powerful day! We had a mission-wide goal of finding 1620 new amis in 66 days (symbolic of the pilgrims' journey), and we ended up finding 1894! So President Brown talked about miracles and gratitude, and it was so good! Then President Johnson spoke about teaching people how they need to be taught, personally. I learned a lot about how spiritual learning requires commitment, and how change will not happen unless you work for it. Nothing shifts until we do! Then we all had KFC and pumpkin muffins and it was awesome. 

Today was p-day! Elder Ruben and I cleaned our apartment from top to bottom for hours (to recover from the wave of missionaries from conference), then we visited Vieux Lyon (the oldest part of town) with the Rigbys and it was so much fun! Lots of souvenirs and patisseries and history. Awesome day!

I've thought a lot about gratitude this week. Regardless of our circumstances, we all have a whole lot to be grateful for. I for one, am so thankful for my family! I'm grateful for my friends, here and at home and all over the place, and I'm so happy to have the chance to serve in France as a missionary! Nothing has the potential to change lives for the better like the gospel of Jesus Christ, and no message is as powerful. I love being here, and I love my Savior. Rien est impossible, grâce à notre Redempteur. Je suis infinement reconaissant pour toutes les belles benedictions dans ma vie. Nous sommes vraiment bénis! 

Je vous aime tous! Merci pour les prières et pour votre amour
Elder Suisse





Pics part 2:
Elder Ruben and I working on a sick Rachmaninoff/Tchiacovsky duet.
Us in Vieux Lyon.
Us by a statue of Jean-Baptiste baptizing Jesus with a clam shell...









No comments:

Post a Comment