Toulouse, France


Monday, September 4, 2017

Eight Months!

Salut mes petits choux !
This week was so good! Not as many lessons as I would have liked, but I got to do some awesome exchanges, and we had a killer zone conference! The church is true y'all!
Tuesday and Wednesday, Elder Shirley had to take care of his legality all the way in Gex with an elder from Toulouse, so I got to do an exchange with the Elder's companion! His name was Elder Wagner, and he was from Logan Utah! So we're pretty much best friends. Mind-blowing realization - he graduated in 2017! I feel so old! But yeah, it was a blast. We got to do a lesson over video call with an ami in Montpellier, which was awesome! I'm starting to develop such a testimony of technology and the miracles God gives us to further His work!
On Thursday we hopped on a train and headed all the way to Toulouse for our interviews with President and zone conference the next day. It was so nice to meet so many new faces (our zone conference consisted of Toulouse, Bordeaux and Montpellier zones)! First conference out of Dijon! We slept in an apartment with 21 other elders. Straight chaos, but nice to see everyone. 
Zone Conference was so good! President talked about Facebook, and testified of the miracles that it can bring. Lots of really good stuff! Probably my favorite thought though came from Sister Brown. I've been having trouble this trouble seeing progress here in Béziers. Our amis, and the work in general, are just not progressing as fast as I know they could be, and it's been kind of frustrating. But Soeur Brown bore a powerful testimony on perseverance, and talked about how, as long as we are trying our hardest, regardless of whether or not we are seeing progress in our amis, we are succeeding. God doesn't put us where we are solely for our investigators. She bore testimony and asked that, when we feel like we're not touching lives, we remember how much we've touched hers. I couldn't agree more. I'm really starting to realize that there are no such things as coincidences! If we don't notice change in our amis, we need to realize how many other lives we could be impacting, not to mention the change that could be happening within ourselves.
Friday and Saturday we had an exchange with the Perpignan elders. I got to visit some awesome less active members, and had some really cool spiritual experiences. It amazes me how much we as missionaries are able to love their people. I felt such a connection to these people who I'd never met in my life. 
Then on Sunday we had an awesome fast and testimony meeting. We got to join in with the whole mission in fasting and prayer for the people here in France. Such a cool experience! 
Anywho, I think that's everything! 
This gospel isn't always easy to live, but holy cow is it worth it!
Je vous aime énormément !
Elder Suisse

Attached:
Trees wearing socks. I found them very amusing.
Our tri-zone conférence ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment